- This event has passed.
September 10, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm$150.00
For the budding designer with beginning sewing skills, this 4-part series teaches fundamental aspects of design from conception to construction. Students will gather ideas and inspiration from current publications to create a mood board and design for a tote bag, draft a pattern, calculate yardage and supplies needed and construct their creation. Students will be encouraged to keep their designs within their ability level.
If student starts with us from the first class offered, they can be a beginning sewer.
If they want to start at any time, Sewing 101 or beginning sewing skills. Experience working with patterns helpful but not required.
Supplies: We can provide sewing machines for up to 5 students if reserved ahead of class for entire series of 4. Just let us know!
- Sketch pad 8×10 or larger
- Pencil & sharpener
- Ruler or tape measure, seam gauge helpful
- 3-5 magazines/catalogs to cut up
- Glue stick
- Cardboard, cardstock or stiff paper, aprox. 12×12
- 1 ½ yd pattern “interfacing” with grid (for class 2)
- All items on shopping list developed in class 2
- Sketch pad
- Pattern from class 2
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Fabric Scissors
- Long Straight Pins with heads
- Tape measure
- Seam gauge
- Invisible marker or water soluble marker
- White and blue chalk pencil & sharpener
- Seam ripper
- Pin cushion (magnetic preferred to tomato)
- Hand sewing needles
- Pkg of assorted types/sizes machine needles
- Extra bobbin for your machine
- 2 press cloths
- Container for it all – Sewing Basket would be great!
All the session dates are: