- This event has passed.
July 31 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$55.00
The class fee is $30, an additional Kit Fee is $25 bring the total for the class to $55. The kit includes fabric, stabilizer, and decorative thread which is paid to the teacher on the day of class.
This hands-on class will teach you how to creatively use your Serger beyond just seaming! This technique can be used to add lace to the bottom of a little girl’s dress or a tea towel or a lacey table cover.
- Serger MUST be in good working order. If you don’t know if it is or not, contact Rebecca at [email protected] and she can talk you through this process. No refunds are given if the serger doesn’t work the day of class. We are only using 4 thread, 5 thread, or cover-stitch sergers in this class.
- You must know how to thread your serger and be familiar with its use. We have Serger 101 classes to help you learn your serger, but this is not a 101 class.
Serger Lace supply list:
- Serger with power cord and foot controller, instruction manual, all accessories that came with serger including extra needles and the screwdriver to take your needles out if needed. (We do have needles at McDougal’s)
- Three spools of white or off-white serger cone thread, not included in kit and we do sell at McDougal’s. For a cover-stitch serger bring 2 spools of white or off-white cone thread.
- Small scissors and tweezers. We have these for sale at McDougal’s.
Pictures show Technique and Wine Bottle bag will look different.
Kits are in a Bone color with white and bone decorative thread.
- McDougal Main Store
20141 Park Row
Katy, TX 77449 United States
- (281) 347-0453