- This event has passed.
October 17, 2020
All entries for this year’s Service Project must be received at any McDougal Sewing Center location on or before October 17, 2020.
This year for our service project McDougal Sewing Center is going to do things a bit differently. We are going to combine a contest that will allow you to explore your creativity as well as a service project. We have selected two populations that are underserved, the elderly, and children in the foster care system.
BIBS FOR THE ELDERLY
We will be making bibs for the elderly that will be donated to nursing homes and meals-on-wheels. We have selected a pattern for two different types of bibs. You can take a look at the patterns at Men’s Necktie Bib or Ladies Pink Plaid Bib
We will be making “bags of love” to donate to children that are entering the foster care system for some reason or another. You can take a look at this pattern at Sew-a-Bag-of-Love.
Our hope is that you will make several of these items in either one or the other categories or even both, bring them all in and then pick out the one you want to submit to our contest. We are working on basic samples to demonstrate the projects. I know many of you have been feverishly making masks to donate. I hope that you will take the opportunity to switch gears a bit and help us to make an elderly person or a child’s life just a bit better with something that you have stitched with love. Of course, you are more than welcome to create and donate these items without submitting to our contest.
- Select the pattern of your choice from the links below:
- Use your creativity to complete your project.
- To submit your items:
- Each contestant must include the entry form, a picture of themselves with the project.
- A brief summary of the project.
- Entries must be submitted by October 17, 2020.
- Only 1 entry per category.
- Download the Entry Form for the Contest.
- Entries can be submitted to any of our six locations on or before October 17, 2020.
- Grand Prize:
- $200 Gift Card to McDougal Sewing Center
- Winner of Each Category
- $100 Gift Card to McDougal Sewing Center
- McDougal Main Store
20141 Park Row
Katy, TX 77449 United States
- (281) 347-0453
- McDougal Sewing Center
- (281) 347-0453