- This event has passed.
September 2 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5.00 – $15.00
Wonky Texture Quilt – September 2023
Now for the fun border! You have 2 long sides and 2 shorter sides to decorate. I would use some type of specialty technique for these 4 pieces. I did one piece with the Pfaff Ribbon Stitches, one piece with the Viking Sequin and Pop-up techniques, one piece with the JUKI combination Technique and one piece with the Brother Fringing technique. Be creative and use beads or ribbon or cording or yarn!
- ¼” foot with or without guide
- Fabric marker
- Cotton sewing thread for construction.
- Small rotary mat and rotary cutter with ruler to trim as needed. If you don’t have one, you can use the shops.
- Small iron and iron mat to press seams as needed or you can use shops.
- Stitch in Ditch stabilizer
- Scraps from other block for the 4 square cornerstones.
Pre-cut before class:
From the 2 yards of tone on tone print for border :
- • Two strips 3½” x 60½” for inner border to decorate
- • Two strips 3½” x 40½” for inner border to decorate
- • One strip 3½” x 10” for practice
Four squares 3½” x 3½” for inner border cornerstones
Four squares 3½” x 3½” for outer border cornerstones
From outer border fabric:
Two strips 67” x 3½”
Two strips 47” x 3½”