December 2 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$45.00
Open to the Public –
Pattern-$20 minus 15% with class purchase- must buy the pattern prior to class to pre-cut.
Learn lots of fun techniques on your serger and make a quick Christmas stocking for that someone special. This is an intermediate serger class, you must feel comfortable with your serger and know how to thread it. The pattern is purchased at the store prior to class so you can have everything pre-cut before coming to class.
1. Learn how to create your own piping on your serger and insert it. You’ll also be learning about cutting width adjustments. A piping foot will be needed for this technique.
2. Learn how to create a gathered edge and Rushing with your gathering or ruffling foot for your serger. Also using the stretch thread or wooly nylon to create a great rolled hem.
3. Learn how to serge curves and thru several layers safely on your serger.
Purchase the Serger Stocking Pattern from McDougal Sewing prior to class so you can have the stocking pre-cut before coming to class. You get 15% off the $20 pattern cost.
- Serger in good working order with all parts and pieces to run the serger and all accessories, do NOT forget your screwdriver to change needles. Extra needles for your serger.
- Short thread snip scissors, plastic clips instead of pins. We do have these at the store.
- Extra fabric strips to test serge.
- Piping foot and Ruffling/gathering foot for your serger. We have some feet in stock, please let me know if you need these feet for class.
- 4 spools of serger cone thread to match your fabric and 1 spool of wooly nylon thread for a decorative rolled edge. We have some colors in stock.
Download Supply List: Serger Stocking Class 2023