- This event has passed.
October 6, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$49.00
Instructor: Kyllie Watts
This Master Class is designed to help you navigate The Design Center Module on your machine to learn different techniques to complete quilt blocks in the hoop on your embroidery machine. The kit for this class has all quilt blocks and batting needed, as well as written instructions to complete all techniques.
This kit is $15 and is payable directly to the teacher on Class Day.
We will cover how to:
- Complete an Inside/Outside Quilt Block (different quilt designs inside a shape and out)
- How to Embroider and ‘stamp’ a design onto your quilt block, then take it into The Design Center to quilt the block around your embroidery.
- Learn how to quilt around an existing printed design on a block to give it an embossed look.
- And lastly, learn how to utilize The Design Center to create a quilted border around a pre-made quilt block.
To enroll in this class, please see the following prerequisites:
- You own a Luminaire XP1 or XP2 or XP3 machine, or a Stellaire XE or XJ machine.
- You are familiar with operating the embroidery functions of your machine.
- You have familiarized yourself with the functions of The Design Center Draw and Stitch Modules
You will need to bring:
- Your machine and embroidery arm
- An 8” x 8” hoop and a 10” x 10” hoop, or larger
- All sewing notions, an assortment of embroidery threads, scissors, bobbins, needles etc.… for your machine
- A good quality, no show mesh stabilizer to support your work.