- This event has passed.
May 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$45.00
Have you ever wondered how quilters make all the different blocks? Well, we are going to have a BLOCK PARTY. The class will address how to make HALF-SQUARES AND FOUR PATCHES. We will also talk about how to read patterns and some of the easy ways to make the above block. Check out the supply list. You can use a fat quarter bundle from JoAnn Fabric. We will be using the fabric for practice. If you want and have some material left from other projects, bring it along. Just make sure we can cut 3.5” strips (light and dark fabrics), squares at 5” (light and dark fabric), and ½ yard of background fabric. See the picture above the white is the background fabric. Choose what will look best with your fabric choices.
There will be two or more ways to make each of these components (put them together to make the block). With handouts, you will be able to practice what you learned. If you can make these block components, you are well on your way to making some beautiful quilts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will all be doing the same thing together in the class at your own table. There will be cutting with your rotary cutter and there will be piecing on your machine. If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact me. Any questions call me at 281-635-3000.
- Small Fat Quarter Bundle from JOANN FABRICS with at least 5 fabrics (lights, darks or mediums)
- 1/2 yard of background fabric
If you have your own fabric, feel free to bring it. Look at the block in the picture. You need various prints and a light or solid background.
The needed supply list is as follows:
- Rotary Cutter: 45mm will work the best for this project.
- Rotary Blades: Extra Rotary Blades that fit your Rotary Cutter
- Klutz Glove: I believe that the shop has these in stock. Call ahead so they will have enough.
- Seam Ripper: The newer the better. Dull seam rippers are not effective.
- Scissors: Small ones for snipping threads.
Instructor: Shari Medford