Posted on September 25, 2022
Looking to decorate your home for Fall? Try this simple table topper project that you can make in an afternoon. It’s a great way to practice free-motion thread painting.
Please note that instructions for this project are based on the PFAFF® quilt expression™ 720 sewing machine, but techniques used in this project can be done on any current PFAFF® sewing machine.
Finished project measures approximately 26” x 20”
• 1 yard bright white cotton (for main fabric and backing)
• ¼ yard cotton for contrast border
• ⅛ yard cotton for piping (if making your own)
• 3 yards ⅛” cording for optional piping
• 30 wt. variegated cotton thread in fall colors
• White all-purpose sewing thread
• White fusible batting/fleece
• 2 packages of piping (or make your own)
• Piping Foot #820532096
• Open-Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot #821141096
• Fabric marking tool
• Ruler or other straight edge